You can set up an Alert Line in just a few seconds by following these steps:
- Draw any valid straight line on your chart. Valid straight lines are any of the following:
- Horizontal Line
- Extended Line
- Line (segment)
- Open that line's Properties window by double-clicking on it or right-clicking and selecting Properties.
- Add the word alert to the line's Tag. Don't delete the existing Tag, since they need to be unique. For example, if you drew a Ray and the Tag is Ray1 you could set the Tag to any of the following values:
- Ray1 cancel
- Or you could even set it as Ralerty1 if you really wanted :) Basically, the Tag just needs the word alert in it somewhere
- That's it! That line is now an active Alert Line and if price hits the line, you will receive an alert on all enabled Communication Channels that your current plan account allows. For example, if you are on the Standard Plan, you have access to Email Alerts, Call Alerts, and Text Alerts. If you have all three of them enabled and you still have all three types of alerts remaining for the month, you'll receive an alert for that price hit in your Email, by an automated Call, and in a Text.
- If you want to move the price of the alert, simply click and drag the line anywhere you want it and it will change the price at which it will alert you. Whatever price the Alert Line is currently set to is the price you will be alerted. It's as easy as that!
- IMPORTANT: When price hits an alert line, that line is disabled in order to prevent many alerts being sent if price keeps hitting the line.
NOTE: You can customize the word that you enter into the Tag to activate an Alert Line. The default word is alert, but you can change it to whatever word you want. Read more here.